Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween 2023 - Beetlejuice and Lydia

I'm really enjoying this opportunity for multiple costumes created by hosting the Halloween in Hazzard Costume Contest. I get to do a Dukes costume and another Halloween costume. This year, given that Natalie and I are newlyweds, we did our first couples costume. 

Beetlejuice and Lydia!

This was all Natalie. She came up with the idea and perfectly executed my makeup. She is super talented. 

I used the same suit from my most recent Joker costume and it worked great. 

Look at that makeup job! I may or may not have accidently eaten some of that face moss while enjoying a York Peppermint Patty. I totally did. I even had teeth makeup on.

Beetlejuice seemed to be a popular costume. I guess it's always been a popular one. We ran into several fellow members of the Juice family. 

You gotta have fun when in costume. 

And scare the unsuspecting father-in-law.

Natalie really looked amazing as Lydia Deets. 

Chad and Renee went as the group from Tangled. 

I really am the ghost with the most! Watching Beetlejuice for the first time in a long time, that movie is crazy. Like really weird. I picked up on a lot of little things like the hardware store they visit at the beginning, before the car crash, is their store! I never noticed that. And "Saturn" where the sandworms are, is very similar to Dune. Weird. 

Another little part of the Halloween festivities that I'm really proud of is my corpserese salad. I made little cheese skulls out of fresh mozzarella and it was a big hit. 

Let's close this out with a little Dukes.

I'm very proud of both my costumes this year. I think I nailed Caltrano the Great and Natalie and I had the best Beetlejuice couple around. I love Halloween so much and I'm so glad I married someone who loves it as much as me. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment