Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Dukes Of Hazzard Collector's Awesome Collection

One of the my main goals for this site and blog is to bring Dukes of Hazzard collectors together.  The most popular Dukes sites and forums focus mainly on General Lee ownership.  I wanted a spot where collectors could talk collecting.  So I am very happy to share another collector's collection.  And, man, is it a doosy.  New friend, Mark, form upstate New York, shared with me some of his coolest items.  He tells me he has hundreds of Dukes items and these are some of his best.  I would have to agree.  I don't have any of these bad boys in my collection (yet).  Let's take a look.  




This is the Kid Size Raincoat.  Mark's looks to be in great condition. 




Not only does Mark have the super-rare Daisy Power Cycle, he has it in the box.  Wow.  I think this one is more rare than the General Lee version because it was aimed at the female fans of the show.  






Ah the pedal car.  An item that has been eluding me for a while.  I often wonder why they used the same mold for the General as they did for KITT.  And why they are both a GTO and neither a Charger nor Firebird.  Some questions may never get answered.  Mark's pedal car looks to be autographed by Enos, Cletus, Daisy, and Rosco.  Very Cool.  I have the KITT version of this car.  I'll have to snap some photos and get them on here. 






This Fun Tunnel and bicycle are blowing my mind.  I don't think I have ever seen either on eBay.  They are truely amazing.  Again, Mark has the tunnel and the box.  Crazy.  I think my best bet for adding these kind of items to my collection is to find them at an antique store or something.  I am sure the prices would skyrocket on eBay.  I love how Flash made the box art for the Fun Tunnel.  Ol' Flash didn't make it on to too many packages. 

Mark, I truly appreciate you sharing these photos with me.  I hope you continue to visit the site and share with us.  If any other collectors would like to have their collections shown, please contact me. 

I'm off to find at least one of these items for myself...







6 comments:

  1. Holy crap. The bike, the rain jacket, the "fun tunnel" (there's a joke to be made there)...this is super impressive. Larry, you've got a lot of items, but it looks like Mark here has a lot of the high-end stuff. Really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a few high end items myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey look, 18 months later and I have four out of five of these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the bike, but the stickers are peeling and worn...

    ReplyDelete