Monday, March 12, 2012

Dukes of Hazzard Shrinky Dinks


I recently added Dukes of Hazzard Shrinky Dinks to my collection after years of searching and being out bid.  I got a very nice mint package.  Then I found another one on ebay.  My buddy (and yours) Jeff is a big fan of Shrinky Dinks, as seen here:http://teddyandtheyeti.blogspot.com/2010/12/fun-with-shrinky-dinks-and-all-new.html

The second one I found was open but unused, so I decided to pretend it was 1981, and have some Shrinky Dukes fun. 



Me, Jeff and Sara (Jeff's wife) had a good time coloring them.





I think we did a pretty good job coloring.




Then it was time to cut the Dinks out.  So Jeff cut...



And cut...



And cut......


Until finally Jeff's cat Conway decided to help.


After long last, they were all cut out and it was time to bake. 





"Four Magic Minutes" later, they were out of the oven.  There was a little folding and surgeons Sara and Jeff jumped into action.  They were able to save each one.


It really is surprising how much shrinking happens to these things.



Here is the end result, not bad at all.


Besides the odd smell, they are 30 years old, it was a lot fun. A lot of cutting, but a lot of fun.  If you ever come across some Shrinky Dinks, and already have a mint unopened set in you collection, rip those suckers open and start coloring.  You won't regret it. 

Soon I'm going to open up a Punch-Out Fun Book and put it together.

1 comment: