Friday, March 2, 2012

Pop Culture Connection in Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Pop Culture Connection
105 East Pittsburgh Street, Greensburg, PA 15601
724-691-0179
Buying things on eBay has become very impersonal. Back in the day, after you won an auction, you got a message from eBay that said "here is the seller's info." You did the rest yourself. I understand all the security reasons that went into making eBay what it is today, but I kind of miss the interaction with sellers back then. Now you just pay as if you are buying from Amazon.

They don't sell many Dukes of Hazzard items at Walmart. They pop up every once in a while. There is no more Family Toy Warehouse, and Toy City has been gone for a very long time. So I just don't get to interact with Dukes sellers to often anymore. So imagine my surprise in late December 2009, while driving through downtown Greensburg, that I saw this magical window you see pictured above. Since that day, I have visited Pop Culture Connection regularly, and every time I go, I am in awe.

The owner, Jeremy, truly loves toys. He knows about everything there is to know about toys from the 70s to today. He even has some things from the 60s and earlier. My first visit, I bought every Dukes of Hazzard item he had, including this Dukes "Fuzz Detector" dashboard.

And every time I go back, he has more stuff. If you are a fan of Masters of the Universe, GI Joe, Thundercats and especially Transformers (Jeremy's specialty), Smurfs, Ghostbusters, WWF, Knight Rider, M.A.S.K., Barbie, Pee-wee Herman, Hot Wheels, Alf, Godzilla, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pac Man, Batman, Spider-man, Teddy Ruxkpin, or any other toy or collectible, you owe it to yourself to visit this store. Greensburg is about forty miles from Pittsburgh, PA. You will not go wrong stopping by Pop Culture Connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment