Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Dates Are Set! Hazzard Homecoming 2017: Cooter's Last Stand!

***Location change! The event will take place at the new Cooter's In The Country in Luray, VA!***



Oh man, this is exciting!  That date has been set for the next big Dukes of Hazzard event, Hazzard Homecoming 2017: Cooter's Last Stand!  We've been hearing rumblings about this event for a long time now.  It's finally official!  July 29 and 30 in Sperryville, VA.

I couldn't possible describe it as good as Cooter himself, he is what the man has to say about it:

Hey Y’all,
This is an announcement of a very special event for Hazzard Nation, and it is an event that will be extra meaningful for Alma and me. On Saturday July 29th and Sunday July 30th of next year, 2017, we will be producing our last “big event”, Hazzard Homecoming 2017, which will be our last festival with the whole Hazzard gang.
Hazzard Homecoming 2017 will also be called “Cooter’s Last Stand”, since this show will also mark the end of my almost 60 years “on the road.” As many of you know, a debilitating and
progressive spinal condition has greatly restricted my movement and my travel in the last few years. After this event, I plan to “kick back” around our home here in the Blue Ridge Mountains,
and I’ll have to cut back on concerts and personal appearances. I’ll still make it to our Cooter’s Place stores when I can, and I’ll still get into the recording studio for our musical projects.
But we want to go out with a bang, and we want to make this event as special as our “Dukes” fans deserve. We plan to have the whole cast there, and it seems like something magical always happens when we are all in the same place at the same time. There will be personal appearances, great music, the Hazzard Car Show, a stunt show, wrestling, fine Southern cooking, fireworks, a Civil War re-enactment, kid activities, and plenty of surprises.
Hazzard Homecoming 2017 will be at Ben Venue Farm here in beautiful Rappahannock County, Virginia. As the date (July 29th and 30th, 2017) gets closer and we get more details, we’ll keep everybody posted!

I can't wait!  Ben Venue Farm was the location of the last Hazzard Homecoming in 2012.  The last time we had Hazzard Homecoming, it was in my opinion, the best Dukes of Hazzard event ever.  The stunt show was flawless, the autographs were accessible, the fireworks were great, the wrestling, starring the King Jerry Lawler, was awesome, the car show was so much fun, everything about the event was perfect.




This is going to be a magical event.  Especially since it will be the last one of this caliber Ben and Alma will produce.  I'll be posting updates about the event for over a year as we get ready.  I really can't wait.  It's going to be so much fun!


12 comments:

  1. Can you send email updates about this event

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send email updates about this event

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can people rent space to see items? Trying to find info on this? Please email me at kountyroadpickers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of us boondockers are wondering if we could set up camp on the premises!?! Anxious to be there for this final yeeeehawww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time there was information listed for camp grounds in the area. I don't think camping on the premises is allowed.

      Delete
    2. Last time there was information listed for camp grounds in the area. I don't think camping on the premises is allowed.

      Delete
  5. When will the tickets become available for this event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Closer to the event. Probably in the Spring.

      Delete
    2. Closer to the event. Probably in the Spring.

      Delete
    3. You just ripped out my heart So sad. Were does the time go?? Trying to find a 69 charger but price is way out there. !!!!

      Delete
  6. Can you send me updated to my email please broken5.ao@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete