Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I Was A Guest On the 80's Reboot Overdrive Podcast


I had the pleasure of appearing as a guest on the podcast 80's Reboot Overdrive recently.  Man, was it fun.  Host Dave White is all about the '80s and it was great talking to him.  The link to the podcast is:




We covered a lot of Hazzard County ground.  If you heard me on the podcast and this is your first trip to Dukes Collector, welcome!  Hope you enjoy your stay.

I wanted to highlight a couple of the blog posts that were discussed during the podcast.


Dave asked me about my rarest Dukes item and I discussed the Dukes of Hazzard swimming pool quite a bit. To read all about the pool, check out this The Mythical Dukes of Hazzard Swimming Pool!!!


I also talked about the Archery Set that is incredibly rare as well.  It is in this post: New Dukes Stuff - 1/13/2016 - Holy Grail Archery Set!


I brought up the "Eras of Dukes of Hazzard Collecting."  In this blog post, I laid out the different eras, Gold, Silver, and Modern, and highlighted some of the Dukes items that came out during each.


We spoke a lot about Daisy Country and Cooter's Place.  I have a lot posted about my favorite Dukes of Hazzard Destinations.  Check some of them out here:

The Grand Opening of Daisy Country Was So Much Fun
Grand Opening of Cooter's in the Country in Sperryville, VA
Brad Miller Takes Us To Cooter's Place in Gatlinburg
Dukes of Hazzard Fan Fair - Autographs, film crews and concerts


Speaking of Cooter's Place and personal appearances, our good buddy Tom Wopat is heading to Cooter's in Nashville real soon.  Cooter's is hosting a special weekend with Tom May 21 and 22.  He will be at Cooter's signing autographs and will have a special concert next door at the Texas Troubadour Theater.  Get more info and tickets here.


We also discussed some of the unbelievable experiences I've had in the Dukes world.  I told Dave about having the opportunity to interview John Schneider and Tom Wopat for this blog.  You can see that interview here:

Interview with John Schneider and Tom Wopat (Bo and Luke Duke)


Dave was really interested when I told him that Quentin Tarentino had connections to the Dukes.  I wrote a Dukes of Hazzard review of Django Unchained that connected some dots between Mr. Tarentino's career and the Dukes and I also talked to Dave about one of the greatest days of my life:


I gave a quick recap of my trip to Hollywood to attend the Dukes of Hazzard Premiere.  I love talking about that day.


Dave asked about @EvilLarryFranks.  I explained to him the madness that is Jeff McClelland.  I gave Jeff a few plugs and talked about The Tick.  This weekend is Free Comic Book Day and Jeff has a new Tick issue available.  Get to your local comic book store on Saturday and pick up the new issue!  I also plugged Franks and Beans.  Gotta love F&B!


80's Reboot Overdrive Podcast is a great show that you should check out.  There are discussions on so many '80s topics like music, icons, and the Incredible Hulk.  It was a really fun experience and I hope to do it again.  Check out the 80's Reboot Overdrive Podcast site at http://80srebootoverdrive.libsyn.com/  and check them out on Twitter @80sReboot.


No comments:

Post a Comment