Monday, December 14, 2015

Tom Wopat at Cooter's In The Country


Did I mention that I love once again having Cooter's Place within driving distance?  It's incredible.  I made another day trip on Saturday to Sperryville and hung out with good ol' Luke Duke himself, Tom Wopat.


Cooter's In The Country is such a perfect destination.  I think I've been there a half a dozen times this year.  And it only opened in May!


There was a very nice crowd there to see Tom.  They weathered the bitter cold of December. Actually it felt more like summer time.  It was about 75 degrees and sunny.  I think I'll have a tan for Christmas.


Always prepared, Ben and Alma had a tent set up in case it got cold.  


The tent kept the beating sun off of those at the front of the line instead.


Tom had a great time meeting fans and talking Dukes.  


Could this be the greatest Christmas tree of all time?  I love everything on it and under it.  That's a Hazzard Christmas right there.


The crew at Cooter's moved a few shelves around.  Every time I go there, I'm just so proud that I got to set this stuff up.


They added a penny press machine that has Sperryville on it.  Come to think of it, I forgot to get some pennies.  Oh darn, now I have to go back.


A fellow fan had this great looking pedal car.  He had everyone's signature except Tom's.  Now he has them all.  Very cool piece.


Michael set up a merchandise table outside near the line.  People were buying Dukes stuff like crazy.


This is a cool early model year of a newer Charger.  I like the custom fenders that make it look more like a General Lee era Charger.


Ben signed the car before posing for a picture.


Ben was also signing autographs throughout the day.


This General Lee is one of the remaining 17 that were screen used.  It is a piece of history.


The owner is keeping it in original condition to preserve its legacy.



It doesn't get more authentic than this flag and these 01s.  It's always special to see one of these screen used cars.


Couldn't think of a better plate for this car.  Even took the extra step of making it 01 and just 1 of 17.


I think I'll make it a tradition to hang out with Tom in December of each year.  Last year I interviewed him and John, and  this year we hung out at Cooter's.  I wonder what next year will bring!


Oh yeah... There's something big in the works at Cooter's Place.  More info to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment