Friday, January 29, 2016

New Dukes Stuff - Dukes of Hazzard Big Wheel - Power Cycle


So far 2016 has been a great rare Dukes of Hazzard items year.  I just added the Dukes Big Wheel to my collection.


The greatest perk of this blog is when people find me with awesome Dukes pieces to sell.  I made some new friends that happened to be somewhat local.  The trike has some wear on it and has been loved, but is in great displayable condition and was only ridden indoors.  I'm thankful for that.


The Dukes of Hazzard licensed version was made by Coleco and is not actually a Big Wheel but a Power Cycle.  Apparently the maker's of the original Big Wheel went bankrupt in 1981 and sold off their name and molds.  Coleco, makers of the famous Dukes Pedal Car, bought the molds but another company bought the name.  Even though it's officially a Power Cycle, it's a Dukes Big Wheel to me.


My Big Wheel no longer has the seat that included a picture of our three favorite cousins as well as a rebel flag.  But all the decals that are present are in great condition and have a nice patina to them.


The 01s on the fork are the roughest decals.  They seem to have faded to white somewhat.  Amazingly, the Dukes of Hazzard and Power Cycle decals on the wheels are complete and in good condition.


The General Lee text is very similar to the actual text on the roof of the car.  The G is a little more rounded on the real car.


I really like the hi beam head light button decal as well as the instrument panel.
 "Wear shoes at all times," but no mention of a helmet.  Ah, the 80's.



The stars on the wheels are exactly like the ones on the real General Lee...wait.


The Coleco Power Cycle had many popular licenses in the '80s including Knight Rider, Transformers, Smurfs, Pac Man, and Sesame Street.


I'm really happy to add this coveted Dukes item to the collection.  It is pretty rare and tough to find in good condition.  I'm still looking for one in the box, but this bad boy looks great and I'm so glad to have it.  

6 comments:

  1. Is that an E brake on the side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of these when I was a kid. Yes that's a e brake on the side. I used to pull that e brake on the bottom of a big hill, and slide sideways. It was awesome. Its very tough, and durable.

      Delete
  2. I still have mine. Wish I had the original box which I don't but otherwise it's in perfect condition. Great that yours still has the tassels. Most I've seen don't. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one when I was a kid came with a pic of daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a seat if you still need one

    ReplyDelete