Tuesday, June 23, 2020

1/18 Dixie Jeep - Greenlight's 1979 Jeep CJ-7 Golden Eagle Is Perfect!


It's finally here!  This this the Greenlight I have been most excited for and it does not dissapoint!  The newest addition to Greenlight's Hazzardous Collection is the 1979 Jeep CJ-7 Golden Eagle that we all know as Daisy's Dixie.  I love it!

This is, of course, the second variation of Daisy's Jeep in Greenlight's Hazzardous Collection.  They released it in 1/43 scale earlier this year.  When I reviewed that version, I included a lot of history on the Jeep that included a discussion on her first car, the yellow Plymouth.  I talked about the Jeep looking a little different in it's first official episode and discussed the deal AMC, the owner of Jeep at the time, made with the producers of the Dukes of Hazzard to feature the Jeep and other cars on the show.  To read all this fun info, head on over to my previous Greenlight Jeep post:


Now that you're back, let's discuss this beautiful 1/18 Dixie Jeep.


The Jeep is in Greenlight's Artisan Collection, like the previous 1/18 Dukes police cars.  The box resembles the previous releases.

 

The side of the box has the Dixie logo that adorns the hood of the car.  This design has been a part of the Daisy's Jeep since its first appearance on the show.  I have to believe this is Copyrighted just like the 01 by Warner Bros. right?  I'm sure Greenlight isn't doing anything illegal.  Right?


The top of the box is all green.  Green green green.


We all know the drill by now, no Dukes, no WB.  It is a Limited Edition.  Previous Dukes 1/18 cars have been great to display mint in box, but the Greenlight cars just don't have the display factor when they are still in the package.


Out of the box is where this car shines.  The diecast is beautiful!  I seriously love it.  1/18 has been my favorite scale since we got our first General Lee in 2000.  If you'd like to read about every single Dukes 1/18 (before the Greenlights) check out this post.  It's such a great scale to display all the details of the car.  I love the little hotwheel sized 1/64s but the 1/18 is the perfect scale for me.  Maybe because it's been all muscle cars and police cars, but finally having the Jeep in the scale just makes me so happy.  Did I mention I love this diecast?

There are a ton of details that Greenlight nailed.  Look how great the Dixie logo looks!


The wheels look perfect.  The Jeep logo and the white roll bar look perfect.  Everything looks perfect.


The rear spare tire is detached in the package.  You install it when you take it out of the box.  You get to act like little 1/18 Cooter, which is always fun.


Seven slots of Dukes 1/18 glory!


I love the Golden Eagle emblem.  I know it is not exclusive to Dukes, but we can all agree, you can't see this bird without thinking of Daisy Duke.  Even Jeep understands the connection with the Golden Eagle has to Daisy which is why they left a Daisy Duke shorts Easter egg on their latest Golden Eagle Wrangler in 2018.




Everything about this diecast is just right.


One of the main trivia Dukes of Hazzard trivia questions is what's the General Lee's license plate number.  We all know it's CNH 320.  Daisy's plate number should be just as easy to recite.  The FCH 630 is perfectly represented on the diecast.  You can check out all the Dukes of Hazzard license plates on this previous blog post.


Greenlight added some great detail to the interior of the Jeep.


Even the tiny gear positions are represented on the gear shift.  Great job Greenlight.


Look at those tiny graphics!


The model comes with a roof and doors.  The two doors are attached to the roof and it's all one piece.  This addition comes packaged inside the styrofoam that protects the Jeep inside the box.  We all know it never rained in Hazzard County and the interior of Daisy's Jeep never got wet.  The same can be said about the General Lee which is why the windows were never rolled up.  I don't even know how Bo and Luke could have rolled them up if they weren't in the car because the doors were welded shut.  That's just Dukes logic.  Don't question it.  Regardless, we never saw Dixie with a roof on it.  This is an addition we don't really need.  My guess is that Greenlight has plans for the casting of this diecast that aren't just Daisy specific.  Because they created it, they added it.


I don't love it.  It just doesn't look like Dixie to me with the top on.  But I'm sure there are actual Dixie replica owners who have roofs on their Jeeps because they don't live in Hazzard and may actually need to protect the interior of their car and may actually want to lock it, so maybe their roof looks like this.  For those people, I'm glad GL included this feature of the diecast.


It has a cool look, but Dixie didn't wear a hat.  I also don't love how the piece fits over the top and you almost have to bend it to get it on.  It made me nervous taking it off.  I think I'll keep the top piece packed in the styrofoam from now on.


Quick Robin!  To the patented DukesCollector vehicle scale photographs!


If there's one style of picture that defines this blog, and me as a blogger, I'd like to think it's these photos where I line up the different scales of the same vehicle.  I love when I get to add a new  vehicle to the line-up!  The 1/18 Jeep has taken its rightful place at the far end of the shot.


From left to right we have the new 1/18 Dixie, the 1/25 Ertl Daisy's Jeep from 1981, (with incorrect "Daisy" on the hood instead of Dixie) Greenlight's new 1/43 Dixie, 2006's Johhny Lightning 1/64 Dixie from series 1 of their Dukes line, and the 1997 1/144 Jeep from Racing Champions.


I'm surprised in the color difference between Greenlight's two Dixies.  The 1/18 is very off white while the 1/43 is super crisp white.  Replicas of the Jeep that I've seen have been more crisp than off white, but I'm not really sure what color the actual Jeeps used on the show were.  Both of these look right.  I think I like the look of the 1/18 over the 1/43.  But they are both great.


I had to get out the other Dukes family members' 1/18 vehicles.  Here we have Uncle Jesse's 1/18 Pickup, officially called the Greenlight 1973 Ford F-100 from 2019, and the king of Dukes of Hazzard diecasts, the Auto World Movie Machines 1/18 General Lee from 2012.  Wow, that car has been out for eight years now.  It really is the best.  Since we already have a king, I am ready to crown this new 1/18 Dixie Jeep as the Queen.  I love it that much.  I just need a 1/18 Duke farm set and this would look like an establishing shot for a scene that takes place in Uncle Jesse's kitchen.  I bet Bo is eating something while Luke is coming up with a plan to get out of Boss's latest scheme.  I bet it will involve Daisy convincing Enos to tell her what Boss and Rosco are actually up to.  I'm sure a car chase will be involved and the General Lee will jump a creek.  Cooter and Unlce Jesse will help.  And there will be a happy ending.  It might even end with a celebrity singing at the Boars Nest.


All three cars have their correct license plates and look like they were made to be together.  CL 7634 on Uncle Jesse's pickup, FCH 630 on Dixie, and of course CNH 320 on the Gen'ral.  One of my only complaints about AW's nearly perfect General Lee is the license plate doesn't look all that accurate.  GL really nailed the plates; both of theirs look great.


I've mentioned this before while reviewing Greenlight's Hazzardous Collection.  I don't love their lack of continuity.  We know they can't use the Dukes of Hazzard logo because these cars aren't licensed by Warner Bros., but they could at least make the boxes look similar.  The Jeep box does resemble the other two 1/18s in the line, Rosco's patrol car and Sheriff Little's Chickasaw car, but they are all in the Artisan Collection.  Uncle Jesse's pickup isn't in the Artisan Collection and comes in a window box.  They just don't look good together mint in box.  Oh well, these cars are made to be displayed out of the box, especially with a General Lee, that unfortunately Greenlight will never make.  Good thing we have the AW General Lee!


Complaints over.  I love this release.  It is 100% my favorite car that Greenlight has released yet.  They got a bunch more fun cars coming, but I don't think they can top this one.  It is perfect.  Of course I bought two, one to open and one to keep in the box, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting another one for Catherine Bach to sign for me.  I just love it so much.  The Jeep is available now at Cooter's Place at all three locations, Nashville, Pigeon Forge, and Luray and of course online at CootersPlace.com.  This is a perfect diecast replica and I just can't stop saying how much I love it.  Head on over to Cooter's and get one today.  And get an extra for Catherine to sign at her next apparence at Cooter's.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment