Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle Official Hood Decal - with Daisy Duke Logo

The year 2020 has been many things.  This is a fun blog so I'm only going to highlight the good stuff.  I think 2020 has been the year of the Dixie Jeep!  We've gotten more toys dedicated to Daisy's white Jeep than ever before.  With so many new Dixie items in the collection, I thought I would close out the year of Dixie by adding one more Daisy's Dixie Jeep piece to the mix.  Behold the OEM Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle Hood Decal!


Now you remember back in 2018, when I wrote a post about that year's Jeep Wrangler having a special edition Golden Eagle package available.  That edition paid tribute to Daisy Duke and the Dukes of Hazzard by including a small nod to Daisy and her iconic shorts on the updated Golden Eagle hood decal.  That particular Jeep was only available in 2018.  I came close to buying one more than a few times.  I never pulled the trigger on the actual Jeep, but it was killing me that I didn't own an official nod from the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep company to the Dukes.  So I bought the next best thing, the OEM Golden Eagle decal.  OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.  I had to order this beauty from my local Jeep dealership.  This is the actual decal that came from the factory on the 2018 special editions and is available through Jeep in case the Jeep owner's original got damaged.  I thought about buying this back in '18 but I was told they were all sold out.  Recently I encountered someone with the Jeep and took some pictures of the shorts logo.  That got me thinking about the decal again and I found out they were available.  My local dealership couldn't tell me for sure if the OEM part included the Daisy logo, but we gambled and ordered it.  The giant decal came in and included that all important little pair of shorts with the daisy on them.  I'm so happy to have this unique piece in the collection.  






The design isn't the same as the original Golden Eagle that was on Dixie.  It's looks a little meaner and has less feather detail.  It doesn't have a defined beak like the original and has more blank space so the color of the Jeep can be shown.  


You may be asking why my decal is blue.  Excellent question.  It appears the decal has a blue covering that is also used as a place marker.  You'll notice there are a few cutouts on my decal.  Wrangler windshields are designed to have the ability to be folded forward.  The hood has bumpers and a handle to secure the windshield when folded down.  The decal's cutouts are for the bumpers and handle.  The cutouts also help place the decal correctly on the hood.  The decal would be peeled off the bottom layer with the blue layer still adhered.  Once the decal is in place, the blue layer is then peeled off.  I don't have any intention of peeling either layer, so I have a blue eagle.  I'm ok with it.  


On the bottom right tail feather is the reason I bought the decal.  Here's that beautiful little pair of Daisy Dukes. 


It really amazes me that Jeep included this nod to Catherine Bach's character and the Dukes.  The Dukes of Hazzard played a big part in Jeep's popularity in the '80s and I'm so happy Jeep recognizes that.  This is such a fun design and it definitely shows that whoever created it really appreciates Daisy, Catherine, and the Dukes.  
  

This decal is huge.  I plan on framing it, but haven't gotten to it yet.  I brought out the rest of the Dixie items that were released in 2020 to put with the decal.  You can see just how big it is compared to even the 1/18 Greenlight Dixie.  The decal is gigantic.  


This is a fun angle to show all the great Dixie releases.  Here we have the Greenlight 1/43 Dixie Jeep, the 1/43 2018 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle, the Greenlight 1/64 Dixie, the Greenlight 1/18 Dixie, and the Cooter's Place Daisy Jeep Christmas Ornament.  What a year for the Dixie Jeep!


I also got out my Daisy Duke stand-up that was used to promote the video games for Playstation, PC and Gameboy.  Using the portrait feature on my phone, it looks like Daisy stopped by to pose for some pictures with all the great Dixie items.  I think I'll say that's what happened.  Thanks for dropping in Daisy!

The decal is still available from your local Jeep dealership.  They will have to special order it, but you can add one to your collection if you are as crazy as I am.  The part number is 6NJ901XFAA.  I love the fact that there is an 01 in that parts number.  I also love getting unique and different types of additions to the collection like this Golden Eagle decal.  I love collecting the Dukes of Hazzard.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry,
    I was wondering if you can help. Big 1:18 Die-cast collector especially The Dukes, I'm looking for the makes of cars at the beginning of S2 E1 Uncle Jesse & Boss Hogs moonshine runner cars, the ones in the Black & White film..
    Cheers Dave.

    ReplyDelete