Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A Dukes of Hazzard Year In Review


2014 was a huge year for the Dukes of Hazzard and a huge year for me.  Let's take a look back at all the great events and items we covered on the blog.


This year was the 35th anniversary of our favorite show.  CMT surprised the world by bringing the show back to the airwaves.  Are airwaves still a thing?  Not only did they bring it back, but they brought it back converted up to high definition. It started with a marathon and we've been enjoying Dukes in glorious HD for a year now.  Keep 'em coming CMT!


Some of the items released early in 2014 that are pictured above include the 1/43 "JDH" Boss Hogg Caddy, the 1/18 Daisy Plymouth from Auto World, and the wonderful new action figures from Figures Toy Company.


It was also a big Hulk Hogan year for me.  It started out when I wore my Hogan shirt to the Royal Rumble and got on TV with Ben Roethlisberger.  Me and the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback go way back.  Chad is behind me in the "What?" shirt.



Then in February, it got real when a car hauler full of General Lees and updated Hazzard County Patrol Cars was seen traveling the country.  Speculation grew rampant about the production and this ol' blog was in the middle of it.  A lot of people came here looking for more information.  I covered the whole thing.


Inexplicably, I had the fortune of adding the Dukes of Hazzard child's tennis shoes to the collection in the spring.


Auto World then released the 1/43 Resin General Lee.





The entire world took notice of the Dukes of Hazzard again when Auto Trader premiered their #New01 commerical in June.  They released three 30 second spots and a longer mini-movie. Everyone was clambering for another Dukes reunion (and still are).   I posted behind the scenes pictures and videos here on DukesCollector.



Right in the middle of the #New01 madness, Cooter's Place hosted its annual big Dukes event.  I had so much fun and met some great new friends.  I also had the exciting opportunity to host a Q&A session with Daisy Duke herself, Catherine Bach.  What a blast!


I got to bring home the first Dukes of Hazzard item that I designed!  I am responsible for this Dukes of Hazzard beach towel!


Later in the summer, John Schneider and Tom Wopat announced they were releasing a Christmas album through Kickstarter.  It led to all kind of adventures.


After long last, a General Lee Hallmark Ornament was released.


Auto World released their Snap-It 1/25 model.


Then I went to New York Comiccon and Met Hulk Hogan!  No biggie.


Unbelievably, I added a Dukes of Hazzard Swimming Pool to the collection.


Tom and John released Home For Christmas in October, getting us ready for an unforgettable Christmas season.


The Kickstarter backer reward concert led me to an amazing few days in New York with Bo and Luke.  If you haven't checked out my interview yet, I'm really surprised you read this far into this blog post.  Just in case you want to see it again, here is my interview with John Schneider and Tom Wopat.




Yep, I'd say that was a great year.  I wonder what 2015 will have in store for the Dukes of Hazzard and this Dukes of Hazzard Collector.  Happy New Year everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment