Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pre-Christmas New Dukes Stuff - 12/21/2013


A few days before Christmas and I already got a few gifts, from myself.


This is a very rare item.  It's from the Canadian only released Dukes Crash set.  A General Lee also came with it. To find a set in the box is super rare.  The cars were made to crash into each other and break apart, so I'm sure many of them didn't survive.


This one is in surprisingly nice shape.  The top of the windshield is bowed and the bull horns are missing, but still, it looks great.


The decals of Boss Hogg are vibrant and clear.  I have to figure out what picture this image was taken from, because it looks like the top of the General Lee's hood is below ol' J.D. 


The car is battery powered and breaks into several pieces.  It's easy to put it back together.

I'm guessing this lever turns it on and off, but I'm not going to put any batteries in it to see if it still works.


It comes from 1982, well into the Dukes boom.  I wonder why it was only available in Canada.


This is a standard 1/25 Joyride General Lee, but it has markings from a car show in Arkansas.


I suppose this car was available to buy at the "Big Cruisefest in the Rock" in Little Rock, AK.  Interesting idea to print your logo on the car and sell them.  I wonder how cost effective it was.  I wonder if they made anything on them.


It looks pretty good, but they could have tried a little harder to match the General Lee font.


There is a raffle ticket inside the box.  Maybe the person I bought it from won this car or something.  It's a mystery.


And finally I bought this nice, new 01 toboggan.  It don't know where it came from, but it appears to be licensed.  There are no tags on it.  I like it.


The cursive Dukes logo is on the back.  It matches my movie crew jacket quite nicely.


What do you think?  Here's wishing for some Dukes surprises under the tree!  Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment