Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Catherine Bach and Tom Wopat at the Pittsburgh World of Wheels Car Show


I spent Saturday with two of my cousins!  Daisy and Luke Duke came to Pittsburgh as the World of Wheels Car show welcomed Catherine Bach and Tom Wopat.  It was a great event!


Our buddies from the Northeast Ohio Dukes brought along an array of Hazzard vehicles including this beautiful General Lee.


A great Rosco Patrol Car...


That included Flash.



 And not one, but two different Daisy vehicles.  The Road Runner and Dixie Jeep were perfect to surround Catherine for pictures.


The crowd started early and was steady the whole show.  Some people were waiting before we got there to set up.  There were solid lines for the entire four hours the Dukes signed and both lines had to be cut off.  There is is a lot of love for the Dukes of Hazzard in the Steel City.


Jacklyn and Skylar from Cooter's Place in Nashville brought a whole bunch of great Cooter's merchandise.  Needless to say, it was a hit.  I helped sell before Catherine and Tom arrived.  I love the chance to be surrounded by Dukes stuff while talking to tons of Dukes fans.  It's basically my dream come true.


You may remember this colorful fan who dressed up like Boss Hogg when John and Tom visited the comic show in Pittsburgh in 2015.  He one-upped himself by going full Daisy Duke this time.  Wow.


A really fun part of the day for me was meeting Brady Synowsky.  He is pictured here with him mother and Steve Rohan from local radio station BOBFM.  Brady is a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan from the area.  He won a radio contest to have a private meet and greet with Catherine.  I get to meet a lot of fellow Dukes fans, but Brady stands out.  He really knows his Dukes is quite the Dukes trivia buff.  I challenged him with what I thought were some tough ones and he didn't disappoint.  We talked about the upcoming Hazzard Homecoming: Cooter's Last Stand event in July and I think he and his family are going to come down to Luray for it.  I hope they do, I look forward to talking Dukes with Brady again, that's for sure.


Steve Rohan has one of those perfect for radio voices.  I've been listening to him for years and it was fun actually talking to him.  Thanks for supporting the Dukes Steve and BOBFM!


Brady had a blast meeting Catherine before anyone else.  Good for you Brady, hopefully this is only the beginning of your Dukes journey.


My job was to greet fans at the front of Tom's line and talk autographs and pictures.  I loved it.  I got to talk to just about everyone who was there.  Did I mention I love talking Dukes?


Jeff's job was to take pictures for everyone as they met Tom.  He was thrilled about it.


I got to talk to a lot of people about what they were getting autographed.  This fellow fan had this beautiful jumpin' Gen'ral poster signed by several of the Dukes and he was excited to get it signed by Luke Duke.


I had to capture that moment.


It was a lot of fun working with Tom.  I've been around him several times, and interviewed him, but never spent hours with him.  He gave each fan a good amount of time and made them feel welcome.  He listened to each of their stories and shared a lot of his.  It was definitely not a "keep the line moving" kind of event.


Tom signed pictures, toys, posters, Charger parts, all kind of stuff.  He had his music available too and it was fun talking to fans about it and introducing them to the musical side of the Dukes.  A lot of people enjoyed the chance to hear Bo and Luke sing Christmas songs.


Right behind us, Ray and his crew at Northeast Ohio Dukes let fans take pictures in their General.  Fans even got to get in through the window!  It was a great addition having NEOD there.


Jeff had a blast.


Pittsburgh's Dukes fans really enjoyed Tom and Catherine coming to town.  I think we should make this a more regular thing.  


Here's a great shot of Miss Alma, Catherine, Skylar, and Jacklyn.  The women of Hazzard County put a lot of effort into these events and we're so glad they do.  Thank you very much ladies.


I brought a Terrible Towel for Catherine and Tom.  Even though Catherine was pushing for us, we didn't make it into the Superbowl.  Next year!


Another great adventure with my heroes.  The next time I see Tom will probably be at the grand opening of Cooter's Place in Luray, VA in May.  (I know it's already open, but not the museum and other fun stuff)


Catherine and Tom are appearing at several World of Wheels shows around the country.  Ben is also making a few stops.  If they come to a show near you, there's no reason not to go see them.  The show is run by great people and everyone has a good time.  I'm really glad the Pittsburgh World of Wheels invited Catherine Bach and Tom Wopat to town.  It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment