Friday, November 16, 2018

40th Anniversary Of The Dukes of Hazzard Celebration - January 26, 2019 in Nashville TN


This is going to be amazing! On January 26, 1979 the Dukes of Hazzard premiered and the world fell in love with Hazzard County.  Now, 40 years later, to the minute, the world is invited to relive the premiere episode with the cast of the show.  Catherine, Ben and Miss Alma are hosting a weekend full of events all centered around the pilot episode, One Armed Bandits is being shown at the Troubadour Theater with the Dukes cast at 8pm, January 26h, 2019, exactly 40 years after it was first aired.


The celebration takes place January 26 and January 27, 2019.  The events will begin at Cooter's in Nashville Saturday morning.  There will be autographs and photo ops, fan get togethers, cars and collectibles.  It will be so much fun.  Saturday evening there will be a "Toast and Talk" at 7 at the Troubadour followed by the screening at 8.  The party then moves to the Nashville Palace for a Celebration Concert by the cast and special guest Whey Jennings.  Dukes of Hazzard definitely runs through Whey's blood as he is the grandson of none other than Waylon Jennings.


Sunday will be more autographs, more cars, more photo ops, and more fun.  Catherine, Tom, Sonny, Rick, Ben, and Alma invite everyone to this once in a lifetime event.  I can't wait to watch One Armed Bandits with the Dukes.  Tickets to the screening and concert are limited as there is limited seating.  They are available on Cooter's Eventbrite Page.  


You don't want to miss this event.  You know I won't miss it.  It has been a few years since I've been to Nashville and I can't wait to get back.  I am also excited to visit in the winter.  By the end of January here in Pennsylvania, I'm sure I will want a break from the snow.  Nashville will be the perfect escape.  

Some of you might be thinking that showing One Armed Bandits at 8pm isn't 40 years later because the Dukes originally aired at a later time slot, 9pm, during the beginning of the first season.  Miss Alma already thought of that.  Nashville is in the Central Time Zone.  When Dukes of Hazzard originally premiered at 9pm in the Eastern Time Zone, it was on at 8pm in the Central Time Zone.  Remember the old commercials "8, 9 Central?"  Miss Alma is always one step ahead.  


We have more announcements about the event to come including some cool photo fun.  This is going to be great.  I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. My name is Amit Kshirsagar
    I am a Freelance Journalist from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
    I am a lifelong fan of The Dukes of Hazzard.
    I have been to Cooter's Place in Nashville, Tennessee.
    It's simply Amazing, with all that Dukes Memorabilia!
    I would just love to have a poster from The Dukes 40th Anniversary 2019!
    Could you please send me one?

    Thank you very much!


    Sincerely,


    Amit Kshirsagar
    1125 Morehead Ct.
    Ann Arbor, MI 48103
    amost1972@gmail.com
    (734) 995-1711

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait too see it I grow up with the show and I watched all of them and have all of them I miss seeing them on TV 😭

    ReplyDelete