Friday, December 7, 2012

The Game Vault in Uniontown, PA


The Game Vault
667  Pittsburgh Road Uniontown, PA
724-438-3168

While doing some research for a blog post, I heard rumors about a vintage video game store close to home. A few web searches later I found out about the Game Vault in nearby Uniontown, PA.  I visited for the first time yesterday, and it won't be the last.  The Game Vault is an amazing place.  Wall to wall video games from the beginning until today.  Coleco to Wii U.  Dig Dug to Nathan Drake, they have it all.  And then I went downstairs.  Comics, consoles, toys, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game.  I can't wait to go back.  

Much like our Pal Jeremy at Pop Culture Connection, the owner of the Game Vault, Jerry, seems to be a master of all things video games.  Definitely my kind of guy.  I was only there briefly, but we talked about how great it was to play classic arcade games at Wheels of Eight.  Anyone from my generation that lived in Fayette County can relate and remember the old skating rink on 51.  If you are ever in the area, you owe it to yourself to check out the Game Vault.  Heck, come to the area just to check it out, you won't regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment