Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New Dukes Stuff - 6/4/2013 - Dukes PENCIL CUP and Underoos!


Not too often do you find one of the rarest Dukes items.  Even less often do you find one of the rarest Dukes items in a antique store less than seven miles from your home.  That happened to me today.

But first let's check out this great Underoos set that I got on ebay recently.


This is the boy's Bo and Luke Underoos set.  I am sure I had these when I was a kid.  The package is in perfect shape.


I now have three unopened Underoos sets.


I think it is funny how all three sets have different logos on them.


The Dukes of Hazzard Pencil Cup is one of those nearly mythical items that you only hear about.  It is so rare that I can't even remember the last time one was on ebay.  I bought it from an antique shop called Granny's Treasures between Brownsville and Uniontown, PA.  I have never been to the store. My mailman, Pat, who has delivers a majority of my Dukes items to my house, is an antique enthusiast.  He knows of my Dukes obsession and keeps a look out for me.  He found this cup and immediately alerted me.  I picked it up today and got it for a good price.  I owe Pat The Mailman a big one.  I have a lot of great friends who are always searching for Dukes items for me, and I can't thank them enough.


My Pencil Cup isn't in perfect shape, but it displays great.  The graphic of the General Lee on two wheels being chased by Rosco is similar to the art used on the bed sheets and curtains.  The art of Bo, Luke, Daisy, and Boss looks unique to this product.  Strange that Boss Hogg is called J. D. Hogg here. Perhaps they were hoping for a formal introduction.


The cup is made by Leadworks, Inc from Cleve. OH. This is such a rare piece and I am so happy to add it to the collection.

We are only a few days away from Dukes of Hazzard Fan Fair in Nashville.  I will post all the Dukes goodness here on the blog.  I can't wait!  Nashville here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment